- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbs. canola oil; more for the grill
- 2 tsp. dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp. pure ancho chile powder
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium ripe mangos, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 skewers, 10 inches or longer, soaked in water for 30 minutes if wooden
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
In a medium bowl, whisk the orange juice, lime juice, oil, sugar, ancho powder, garlic, pepper flakes, and 1/2 tsp. salt.
Add the pork, toss to coat, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
Thread the pork and mango cubes onto the skewers, alternating them and beginning and ending with a piece of pork. Each skewer should have about 5 pieces of pork and 4 pieces of mango.
Prepare a medium gas or charcoal grill fire. Scrub the grill grate with a wire brush and then wipe clean with a paper towel dipped in oil. Cook the skewers, turning once, until the meat is browned on the outside but still slightly pink in the center, about 8 minutes. Serve garnished with the cilantro.
nutrition information (per serving):
Calories (kcal): 250; Fat (g): fat g 8; Fat Calories (kcal): 80; Saturated Fat (g): sat fat g 2; Protein (g): protein g 25; Monounsaturated Fat (g): 4; Carbohydrates (g): carbs g 20; Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 1.5; Sodium (mg): sodium mg 120; Cholesterol (mg): cholesterol mg 75; Fiber (g): fiber g 2;
Wine pairings are Cabernet Sauvignon, Red Zinfandel, or an Orvieto